Habitat Young Professionals
Habitat Young Professionals supports local Habitat’s service while engaging young professionals as leaders, volunteers, advocates, educators, and donors.
Habitat Young Professionals are grassroots volunteers who work within a local chapter to create change in their communities. Through the diverse demographic of young professionals and their talents, chapters create unity in sharing the vision of Habitat nationally and globally.
- Directly serve with homeowners and Habitat for Humanity to help accomplish Habitat’s mission.
- Educate chapter members, the local community, and members’ networks about the work and mission of Habitat.
- Advocate on behalf of people in need of decent shelter and for an end to poverty housing.
- Raise funds for the work of Habitat for Humanity.
- Participate and create space for transformational leadership and professional development.
- Build networking opportunities. Habitat for Humanity International’s Youth Programs will help connect HYP chapters with one another so they can better share ideas and lessons.
- Earn leadership opportunities. Established chapter members can join the HYP council or mentor new chapters, as well as engage with senior Habitat for Humanity International and local Habitat staff.
- Build brand recognition. Each chapter gets and ongoing support from Habitat for Humanity International.
- Gain access to scholarships, grants, and international travel.
- Gain access to training and resources designed specifically for HYP chapters to help recruit, engage and mobilize members.