Verify your eligibility on the Qualifying for Homeownership page.
Carefully read the details of the Homeownership program in the Application Packet
3. Click below to download the Homeowner Application form.
3. Gather your required documents. Click below for a complete list.
4. Submit your completed form along with the required documents in one of three ways:
- Mail your application and required documents to:
Essex County Habitat for Humanity
Attn: Director of Affordable Housing Operations
14 Park Street
Danvers, MA 01923
- You may also drop off your paperwork at the above address between 9am and 1pm Monday to Friday.
- Or you can securely submit your application and required documents online to the folder in our secure Box account.
All forms need to be completed and submitted by the published deadline. Essex County Habitat for Humanity reviews your application and calculates the applicant(s) income, applicant(s) debt, and conducts a credit check of everyone who will be on the mortgage. If you meet the guidelines and qualify, the applicant(s) will receive a phone call from a Family Selection Committee member to move to the next step.
When building an affordable home with Habitat for Humanity, several restrictions apply.
To view a sample DHCD Deed Rider, click below: