Support Essex County Habitat for Humanity in our mission of building safe, decent, and affordable homes in partnership with local families.
Our Women Build events provide the opportunity for women to take a proactive step in serving their communities.
Women’s Build opportunities are available across the U.S., and any woman who wants to learn how to build and construct a home is invited to join us. No experience is necessary. Volunteers work under the guidance of construction professionals, and also alongside other volunteers and future Habitat homeowners. Whether you are learning new skills or simply adding a few to your tool belt, this is a rewarding experience for all involved and improves the community that you share.
Women Build is also a terrific way to involve your friends and family of all ages in crucial work with a lasting impact. Women helping women sends a positive and powerful message. You can also come alone, and make new friends. The atmosphere is collaborative and friendly.
Your gift today will help us provide even more families with access to affordable homeownership.
There are several ways you can get involved
- Donate to Women Build through the form below.
- Start a peer-to-peer fundraiser to coincide with your build day and help us raise funds to build homes.
- Learn new construction skills needed to effectively contribute to Habitat’s mission.
- Build or renovate houses at a Women Build event.
- Join other community volunteers and homeowners to build strength and stability through shelter.
- Learn about Women Build’s international work.
- Join an international Women Build trip with Global Village.
- Organize a Women Build event through your campus chapter. Contact us to learn more.