Homeownership Opportunity – Ipswich
This is not a typical Habitat Homeownership program offering. It is simply a resale of an affordable home. Essex County Habitat is acting as the monitoring agent to ensure the home remains affordable in perpetuity by ensuring applicants meet income requirements and conducting a fair housing lottery.
The rest of the Homeownership section on this website does not apply to this property. All pertinent information is on this page.
We are currently accepting applications to purchase this affordable home located at 6 First Street in Ipswich, MA:
(for a printable version, click the image below to download as a PDF)
To download a Spanish version, please click below.
More pictures of the home:
- Thursday, September 1: Application period opens
- Wednesday, October 5 from 6-8pm: Open House at 6 First St, Ipswich
- Monday, October 31 at 4pm: Application deadline
- Tuesday, November 15 at 6pm: Lottery
- Read the entire Lottery Package below which contains details about the process, income requirements, documents needed, deadlines, restrictions, etc. to decide if you are eligible and interested in applying to purchase the house.
- Secure a qualifying mortgage (see page 5)
- Gather all required documents (see Attachment A)
- Next, download and completely fill out the Application below.
The deadline to submit your completed application along with the required documents is 4pm on Monday, October 31. There are three ways to submit:
- Mail your application and required documents to:
Essex County Habitat for Humanity
Attn: Director of Affordable Housing Operations
14 Park Street
Danvers, MA 01923
- You may also drop off your paperwork at the above address between 9am and 1pm Monday to Friday.
- Or you can securely submit your application and required documents online to the folder in our secure Box account.
All applicants that qualify, will be entered into an affordable housing lottery and the property will be awarded to the winner. The Lottery will be held on Tuesday, November 15th at 6pm. All applicants entered into the lottery will be sent information about how to watch it live online prior to the 15th.
When purchasing an affordable home, several restrictions apply. To view a sample DHCD Deed Rider, click below: