Essex County Habitat for Humanity and faith communities are natural partners– We offer faith communities the opportunity to put their faith into action by building decent, affordable housing for people who don’t qualify for traditional mortgages.
What can your Faith Community do?
- They can build with us; make lunch for people building; greet people at a build site; volunteer in one of our ReStores, become a family partner, and work with a family as they learn about homeownership.
- They can raise money for a home, offer a plate collection, or hold a fundraiser.
- Financial support is one piece of building a home.
- They can celebrate a family getting their new home, hold a party, come to a dedication, and send cards to welcome a new family when they move into their home.
- Your prayer groups can pray for the volunteers and the homeowners. They can pray that the resources needed to build homes are acquired.
Volunteering together provides a way for your faith group to have fun together while pursuing a common goal. You will be strengthening your community and empowering ECHFH homeowners to build a better future for themselves. Your service will also deepen your ties to the neighborhoods around you and provide stability for the community you all share.
Essex County Habitat brings affordable homeownership to all people regardless of faith or no faith.
If you are interested in building with us as a congregation, please contact Thea Shapiro, our faith relations coordinator by email email@example.com or phone (978) 681-8858 to schedule a time.